View Single Post
Old 26th January 2010, 03:39   #1386  |  Link
fingershop

easier batch jobs

Hi, I frequently need to remux batches of similarly structured files, in which I'm adding and removing streams, and setting track attributes, all the same way for each file. Adding all these similar files to the job queue is very tedious and error prone, and I had an idea for simplifying this process, a kind of "quick batch" mode.

The way it is now, each queued file must be configured one at a time, for enabled and disabled tracks, and their attributes, like language, default flags, framerates, aspect, etc.

Here's the idea: After configuring and adding the first file to the job queue, mmg would be able to automatically re-use that configuration for all other files added to the job queue. Of course this assumes that all files added will have the same or similarly structured files. This might also assume, when adding in streams, that a certain file naming method is used, so that those stream files could automatically be included.

Near the existing Add button, perhaps there could be a "Batch Add" button or similar, which would add the next file (or an entire folder of files?) to the job queue, automatically applying the same settings to each one it finds.

This would be a huge time saver, and would also keep you from making forgetful mistakes when creating batch jobs.