View Single Post
Old 4th May 2005, 23:32   #23  |  Link
masken
uhm... ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ai4spam
Thanks for the reply. I don't quite understand what you mean by "hard cases". About the feature suggestion: in what window? The pause/abort can be done, no problem.

I'll resume work at the end of this week. Meanwhile, if he has time, Zuggy will try to solve the crash bug on P4.
The pause/abort is when selecting colors. If you've got a "hard case" you end up in a "catch 22" there, and have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to be able to end the application.

For accelerator indicators, I mean the OCR-process window, where you work with the subs OCR:ing them. It would be very nice to be able to perform an OCR just using the keyboard and accelerator indicators (ie; alt+i to switch Italics on/off), ie; no mouse operations or 4-times tabbing + space to reach the Italics checkbox

About "hard cases", I've previously sent Zuggy examples of vobubs that has been hard or impossible to perform OCR on using SubRip. If there's still need for such examples, I can send more

btw; I forgot the most sought-after feature suggestion of them all The "Expand/Reduce selection" feature, similar to the one in Gabest's SubResync, for extending/reducing a selection in the image/letter being OCR'd.

oh, came up with yet another one How about a "Only allow whole words to be formatted" feature in the post-OCR correction settings? I often find that when working with formatted subs (italics etc), some letters are sometimes OCR'd with the wrong formatting, making the subs actually quite alot larger (and harder to read/post-OCR fix) because of all the <i></i>'s. If one could limit formatting to whole words instead of single letters, this problem would be gone. Also note that Subtitle Workshop can't handle this, SW only handles formatting on a per-dialogue basis (and actually destroys the formatting to this state too if you open/save a sub in SW).

EDIT #4
Another, low-prio feature suggestion is Regular Expressions support in the post-OCR correction. Would be neat to have a script-file much like in SW where you could specify how the post-OCR should be performed using RegEx. Ie; have an open-format type of post-OCR correction (including the default one). Low prio for me as this feature is already available in SW.

Last but not least, a HUGE THANK YOU for keeping up development of the absolutely best OCR application available for subtitles!

Last edited by masken; 5th May 2005 at 00:01.
masken is offline   Reply With Quote