View Single Post
Old 19th April 2004, 14:03   #3  |  Link
Jawor
Ex-ter-mi-nate!

Thanks for your CPU time.

So far I've tested this matrix on The Ninith Gate and The Matrix Revolutions (both R2 Poland). The 8% compressibility gain compared to HVS - Good Picture was observed when encoding with constant quantizers of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. The settings were:

Qpel, GMC, AQ, Trellis ON
Packed Bitstream OFF
Max I-frame interval 250
VHQ=4, MSP=6, ChromaME
B-frames 3/1.50/1.00
B-VOP sensitivity 3
Profile AS@l5
and the rest set to defaults

The Ninth Gate doesn't look brilliant even at quant=2 with both HVS - Good Picture and Jawor's 1CD (it seems to me that they overdid the edge enhancement while processing). I did not see any noticeable difference in quality.

The Matrix Revolutions encodes also look very similar to each other.

I had to use
Code:
SelectRangeEvery(500,25)
with both movies, so this was kinda compressibility test intended to check if further tests of this matrix have any sense. My computer is quite slow (it's a Celeron 1200 MHz), so further testing will take me a lot of time .

Now I'm doing a two-pass encode of The X-Files #8ABX03: Redrum, an analogue TV capture from TVP2 (one of the channels of the so-called public Polish TV, which is not public at all - they ask us to pay for it ) at desired video size of 180 MB (ca. 43 minutes, 512x384). I did an encode like this with the HVS - Good Picture matrix and this will be my first comparison at the same desired size, so that we could see how good is this matrix when working under difficult conditions. Unfortunately I won't be able to put here some screens or samples, but you can count on my report.

Archive of my Xvid builds

http://www.videoaudio.pl

Last edited by Jawor; 19th April 2004 at 14:36.
Jawor is offline   Reply With Quote