View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 14:03   #54209  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks, what do you think would be a better approach?
move it to color & gamma by adding a HDR-SDR gamma processing that is ticked by default with pure gamma curve 2.20 and a warning to not change it.
this makes sure you can still properly gamma process SDR and don't ruin HDR with this option.

this makes sure gamma is only processed with this tab and well 3D LUTs so it is consistent as it should be.

the next thing i would add is an info in the 3d LUT what the gamma this 3D LUT target is so this will be treated like "this display is already calibrated" and you are done with 3D LUT and get the correct gamma.

i guess for BT 1886 you take the effective gamma and add this as an info. it's usually between 2.1-2.4 and this is better then nothing.

@glc650
windows is changing the WDDM driver like they have nothing better to do. your old card may just use an older better working WDDM i have no deeper look into this i just know they change it and this can produce presentation issue with are pretty normal with 2 screens.

try dx9 FSE. overlay would be a workaround too. but i doubt AMD added it.
it's clearly an presentation issue.
if it comes from the scaling alone and no other combinations of settings you need to send an custom resolution and hope the TV except it this is an advanced topic. doesn't look like amd has an resize feature someone else would have pointed out the name of it in this thread already the HDMI scaling or custom resolution are not the same.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote