Thread: StaxRip
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2015, 11:59   #15  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
What I'll much likely do is allow tools not used being deleted, I added xvid encraw only because it was requested at least once a week so still used by many people, if people request separate 8-Bit and 10-Bit frequently I have to put it back, the poll showed there are x264 10-Bit users, if I add this people might enable it not even knowing it has little to no hardware support (right?) so I would have to add a warning at least. It's not looking there are many people using x265 8-Bit, HEVC is all about 10-Bit, right?
yes there is liberally no h264 10 bit hardware support,

but nearly all hardware decoder can't decode 16 ref frames so do you have a warning for this too?
just add a (if you didn't already have) presets for devices like megui did. there are multiply settings you can't use for some hardware devices using x264 8 bit.

if someone is changing settings he has to deal with the result no need to hold there hands.

10 bit x264 is used quiet a lot.

some/most decoder can't decode 10 bit HEVC like lentoid or UHDcode. so there is a reason to use 8 bit HEVC but please use the 16 bpp version.

do you think about adding AMD VCE to your hardware decoder list? the people on the OBs forum liked it and i wouldn't be shocked if AMD VCE 2.0 is better than NVenc kampler and haswell.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote