View Single Post
Old 11th August 2005, 02:29   #51  |  Link
johnman

Thx for your testing report. Its very detailed, which is very helpfull to narrow down those nasty bugs.

Since a and b seem to work im going straigth to c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51

c) wav6 -> ac3 (Soft Encode)

- Channel Mapping: Disable (See Configure notes)
- Stream manipulation: Enable (Mono Streams)
- Output Format: Wave PCM (Don't work with wav_ex)
- Sample Type: Work at least with: 16bit int, 32bit int, 32bit float IEEE
- Configure notes:
1) Channel config: with L-0, R-1, C-2, LFE-3, LS-4, LR-5 is not necessary enable the ww Channel Mapping (only necesary when you make a re-ordered wav6 to be open directly in SoftEncode)
2) LFE Enable (necessary for 5.1). Then you insert, in SonnicAc3.ini, "UseLFE=On". SoftEncode make a 5.0 ac3, because a bug or a bad chosen name need "UseLFE=Off" to make a 5.1 ac3. I use:
Sonic Foundry Soft Encode Version 1.0 (Build 19)
Dolby Digital Encoder Version 6.2.2 December 2, 1997
1)The channelmappings supplied are from other users, they are not tested by me. I added them since they might be usefull to others.
2)If i understand you correctly, you are saying i have to set the UseLFE to off to enable it? Im checking it out myself to see whats going on.

Quote:
d) wav_ex 6chan <-> 6 mono wav_ex

Correct split in 6 mono wav_ex preserving the ChannelMask.
Incorrect Merge of 6 mono wav_ex ignoring the ChannelMask.
Only the splitting preservers the mask, when merging or stitching the mask is set to 0. This is done intentionaly, because what should ww do if 2 files with the same mask were added. So to quickly solve this is just set the mask to 0.
I am thinking about an option to manualy set the mask, and give a hint based on the existing masks.

Quote:
e) wav > 4GB

Opened when enable "Ignore invalid wav size". Length limited to 4GB. I think, in this case, the length must be calculated with the file size.
Whenever the size in the header is ignored, everything behind the start of the datachunk is treated as sampledata. So it should read until the end of the file.

Quote:
I know the problem with the extrachunks at the end of file, but is better to have little clicks at the end, than lose MB of correct data.
When split in 6 mono wav only the first 4 GB are converted, the rest are ignored.
If not all data is converted, then something is wrong. ww doesnt cut away a couple of MB's just to be sure you dont get a pop. I just created a 6 channel file of 6 gb and splitted it into 6 monostreams.. Alls of them have the correct length
Are you sure you had enough diskspace?

Last edited by johnman; 11th August 2005 at 02:33.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote