View Single Post
Old 30th April 2011, 21:50   #7542  |  Link
Hprd

Ok, after some testing, i can conclude that playback with the glitch hack on (or well what used to be call that), but dx11 off, plus ONLY overshoot max frame latency, i get the same results as v59, zero drops/delays or glitches on my 13 minute test video. Putting limit rendering times on actually i saw could lead to glitches. As on one video the present que got down to 0-4/10, then had a glitch b4 filling up a bit (back up to 2-4/10, or something like that), so this, plus run in a seperate thread are quite useless now (as having all three i noticed more glitches than with just the other two, and i'm certain it wasn't a coincidence. Plus having both the limit option and this on, but the other off, is no different as having all 3 off.)

Also, another idea for a future feature perhaps... Have a check to turn resolution switching completly on or off (for the most part i wouldn't use it, as on testing is probably when it'd be most effective, still there are some situations when at least i would benifit from it otherwise, not sure about other ppl though), as sometimes if i want to play back a video at 60hz for example, the best way to do it currently is to delete all the resolutions (as putting 60p in the filename just makes madvr have to due more work, and thus creating more glitches, maybe there could be a tweak with this instead though?), then retype them back in when i want the auto switching back (which isn't THAT big of a deal though, just sort of tedious, lol).

EDIT: Actually, due to something, i just found that if i put 60p in the filename, i don't get glitches anymore like on v59, so tweaking that option doesn't seem useful anymore, at least for me.

Last edited by Hprd; 3rd May 2011 at 04:12.
Hprd is offline   Reply With Quote