View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2017, 13:57   #44278  |  Link
mrcorbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
So you're using native DXVA decoding? The problem goes away when using DXA copyback? You say it happens in "fullscreen". So it does not happen in windowed mode? How strongly incorrect are the colors? Just slightly? Or totally?
Yes, DXVA native and using copyback prevents the issue. My setup has some performance issues with copyback, though, so I am just turning the options off. It only happens in fullscreen, windowed mode looks fine. And the colors are totally wrong. Red for blue and super dark kind of wrong.

Also, using the Windows HDR API still causes the same system crash in fullscreen non-exclusive mode. If I activate HDR mode in Windows and play a video in windowed mode everything is fine. Within a few seconds of switching to fullscreen non-exclusive the display blanks out, the PC becomes unresponsive and, after about a minute, the PC reboots. Still 100% reproducible.

Edit: Now that I have some other video apps trying to send HDR metadata through the Windows API I'm seeing the same behavior from those. So, definitely a driver issue. One of the times I saw this, the system didn't become unreposive right away and I saw after a reboot a bunch of event viewer logs from nvlddmkm reporting "page fault" and "Variable String too Large" errors.

Last edited by mrcorbo; 2nd July 2017 at 18:55.
mrcorbo is offline   Reply With Quote