View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:30   #44265  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by igvk View Post
This ICC profile is used for color managed programs to map the output colors to the monitor color space. I'm not loading anything to GPU, if I understood the question correctly.

The monitor itself has several modes (like Full wide gamut, sRGB, Adobe RGB). I usually switch between Full (native) and sRGB mode. And here system monitor ICC profile changes (when done in NEC MultiProfiler, not via monitor own controls) - it's actually convenient, because all color-managed programs know how to convert the colors.
Except for madVR, which still uses wrong 3D LUT. So, if I could access the name of the current system display ICC profile, I could use another 3D LUT in madVR (or disable usage of it at all).
Ok. I'll add it to my to do list, but it might take a while until I get to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thighhighs View Post
Hi all. What about features like NGU AA direct 4x and NGU direct 3x? Direct 3x NGU completely dead? Direct 4x NGU AA possible in the future?
I don't know yet, haven't had much time for madVR in the last couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post
When viewing an HDR video madVR default settings "Use DXVA chroma upscaling.." under "trade quality for performance" cause incorrect colors when in fullscreen.
So you're using native DXVA decoding? The problem goes away when using DXA copyback? You say it happens in "fullscreen". So it does not happen in windowed mode? How strongly incorrect are the colors? Just slightly? Or totally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorbo View Post
FSE still doesn't present HDR for me, but non-FSE fullscreen doesn't crash anymore when passing HDR metadata so I can finally watch an HDR video in fullscreen.
Done some more testing and can confirm that Nvidia's HDR support currently doesn't work in FSE mode with the latest drivers. That's a driver bug which will be fixed in a future driver version. For now, you can get it working perfectly by using any driver between 376.xx and 380.xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmalibu View Post
Care to share a bit more about this ?
Nah, just be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
I'm asking for these crop functions because the last time I used the zooming options, madVR was non stop looking for changes in the video-if the aspect ratio is changed even with one pixel like on some encodes "dirty lines" it crashed my pc, and I had to reboot manually... Since then I stopped uisng this feature, so my point was madVR to crop the picture without looking for even the slightest change in the aspect ratio etc. 1 or 2 pixel changes.
Ok, so you're asking for a new feature because you've found bugs in the existing feature? I'm sorry, but that's not how I'm working. If I added a new feature any time a user found bugs in an existing feature, soon madVR would have thousands of different features, all competing with each other for the same functionality.

Let's work on fixing the bugs instead, ok?

If you get a crash, please press on the "show bug report" button, then press Ctrl+C to copy the bug report into the clipboard, then upload it somewhere (not here) for me to look at.

If you have videos where madVR constantly changes the black bar detection rectangle, please upload a sample for me.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote