View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:55   #7  |  Link
Reino

After really A LOT of reading here and AvsP-testing with numerous avisynth-filters I realised Telecide() wasn't really the best way for me to get rit of all the ghosting effects. (the stuttering was really annoying!)
The demuxed.m2v (which is uploaded here) is a sample of the Dragonball Intro from a Region4 (PAL) DVD which appears to be TFF Field-blended (like I said on a previous post; the "ghosting-effects" are even on separate fields, it's the source).

I discovered that of all the avs-filters I tried, Mrestore produced the best image (removed almost all of the ghosting-effects), but my intension has always been to keep the original framerate of 25fps...well let me just show you my avs-script:
Code:
mpeg2source("C:\test\DB - Intro(test).d2v")

TDeint(mode=1)
Mrestore(quality=2,numr=1001,denm=2002)

crop(6,2,-4,-2)
Lanczos4Resize(512,384)

LimitedSharpenFaster()
aWarpSharp(8.0,2,0.5)
Tweak(sat=1.05,cont=1.02)
Deen("a3d",1,3,5)
(of course DGDecode.dll, TDeint.dll, Mrestore.avsi, LimitedSharpenFaster.avsi, mt_masktools.dll, aWarpSharp.dll and Deen.dll are in the Avisynth plugins directory.)

I know Mrestore is originally intended for PAL > NTSC and NTSC > PAL restoration (right?), but numr=1001 and denm=2002 seems the give really good 25fps result (especially compared to Telecide, TFM and such).
The result: MKV[H.264]

Is this method recommended, or are there other options?

P.s can anyone tell me if there are any differences between "field-blended" and "field-shifted" material?
(oh and just to be clear this DVD is in my personal possession)