Thread: D2SRoBa Plugin
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2003, 18:49   #106  |  Link
tylo
Author of D2SRoBa

Quote:
I now think the AI thing I was looking for in your file-size methods could be easily achieved if you would put some special test settings in the INI which basically allowed:

AISKIP_TESTMODE_ON=TRUE
AISKIP 1CD Q-32PassKB > xxxx
AISKIP 2CD Q-32PassKB > xxxxx

Just to be clear, If the Q32 pass was bigger than xxxx then you would instantly negate any more predictive Q passes and increment target media by 1 (meaning 2 becomes the target), if bigger than xxxxx then you would increment target media by 2 (meaning 3 becomes the target). Hmmm, am I getting fuzzy again?
No, this is pretty clear to me, and very good idea! In fact it's so easy to put in that i'll do that right away!

Quote:
This would save a ton of predictive passes for the file size based methods for the advanced user. Actually, eventually if this pans out, I guess I am asking for an "AI" mode to go along with the AUTO and the "?". For testing purposes, we could just do this in the INI and set the GUI to "1" so as not to cause you a lot of work. What are your thoughts?
I don't see how it can be used for the AUTO mode - only the "?". The AUTO mode computes the num CDs directly from the WorstQ-PassKB size - it doesn't test each num CDs...

Quote:
Hmmm, the sample size is a slight bit of sand in the oil. I guess people using this method would understand they would always have to use the same sample size for this to work, or unless you think it viable to extrapolate from a 1% in the INI to whatever sample size they used. I would think that would have a bigger error margin though.
You are talking about the sample percentage I assume? Yes I think it is viable to just divide the size of the actual percentage used (like normalizing) before testing. It will actually have a lesser error margin (e.g a 2% sample test size / 2 is a more accurate 1% sample pass size, that a true 1% sample pass produces...)

BTW: I am just about to release a new intermediate version now. It has a much improved "?" function already. Adds an extra CD if oversizing before mux and cut (much requested). Also reduces and equals out image sizes if it cannot fill CDs completely.
tylo is offline   Reply With Quote