View Single Post
Old 13th September 2002, 17:54   #11  |  Link
padre

Commander, do us all a favor. DON'T buy any PrimeDisc or ANY media less than $5 or $10 a piece. So we don't have to hear it from you about the 'crappy cheap media'....not that we haven't already heard enough. If you had a power outage during a burn, you'd blame cheap media! But I stand by my PrimeDisc recommendation, and there are many others out there who would as well.

If you read my other posts you'd see there are two flavors of PrimeDisc. The 'Retail' version has the PrimeDisc logo etched on the top, and the dye is a lighter purple. I haven't used them much, since I buy the other type mostly - the Bulk pack in 50 or 100 disc spindles. They have a silver top (no logo) and dark purple dye. They show up as RITEK..G3 under ADVDinfo. They also have a inner ring serial number that looks like C1-xxxxxxx or so. The innner ring is semi-clear (a little foggy). But both versions burn well and I have not had any problems playing the media to the very end on about 6-7 different DVD players.

BTW: How do we all know it's not you crappy DVD player or crappy encoding or crappy burning process that made you have problems with some 'cheap' media. We don't!

Good luck (like I tell everyone else), and don't call us, we'll call you....(just you)