View Single Post
Old 14th May 2008, 19:07   #10  |  Link
Manao

New version's up : http://manao4.free.fr/anisotools-v1.0a3.zip

Changelog :
Code:
 + added : proper documentation (avisynth's style)
 + added : per plane specific parameters
 + added : edge and motion protection formulas.
 @ fixed : support for edge = 0 or motion = 0.
Naito : I'm afraid the gradients can't be avoided. Denoising creates them, since it removes dithering. TNLMeans also shows gradients, though they are less pronounced (perhaps because it denoises less).

The crash is fixed.

The rule of thumb between step & iteration is the following : if iteration isn't saturated (i.e, if raising iteration denoises more), then step * iterations constant should amount to roughly the same amount of filtering. Thus, 10 iterations with step 0.2 should be equivalent to 5 iterations with step 0.4.

I don't know how MT achieve threading, but I doubt at_denoise will be MT-friendly. It might work, but even if it does, it will most probably be slower.

Filtering is done recursively. The Nth iteration of the Kth frame is done using the Nth iteration of the frame K-1, and the N-1th iteration of the frame K+1. That means the filter uses implicitely 2N+1 frames temporally when filtering (thus, far more than any other filters).

@all :

Now that I expose the edge protection formula, I'm pretty sure you can achieve sharpening with that filter (though I'm clueless on how good/bad it can be).

Try to have "motion" as high as possible. With the same amount of denoising, temporal denoising should keep more details.