View Single Post
Old 8th December 2006, 01:25   #2398  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soresu View Post
This business with activation in 1.2 is ridiculous... It barely has enough features to warrant a .1 update and the most wanted thing in it is the Windows MCE fix.

I just changed out my motherboard (useless Abit KN9 SLi from early production) and reinstalled, only to realise that I was back to using version 1.1 because I couldn't install 1.2 anymore. This is exactly the kind of stance that makes MS a target for crackers with Vista... only they at least amended their license so that you could reinstall/change hardware as often as you like...

I'm not a happy customer!

OK... i'm cooling down now... rant over
got a point, why have activation?, when someone will everytime crack/hack it, just look at microsoft, People wants a codec that will work in there HTPC and there main PC, and will work with diffrent OS'es on the same pc

i have the problem to it says :
Quote:
this product has already been activated
dooh, i just reinstalled windows?, what about it ask's the account system that it will allow to run on upto 4 pcs at a time and no more?, it will give people more room, and meybe people will not download a hacked/cracked versions

my little story/timeline (and am proud of it to!)
1. I downloaded the alpha codecs that was here in the forum
2: I got CoreAVC 1.1.0.5 of a friend (illegal)
3. I Bought CoreAVC 1.1.0.5 (Legal!)
4. I upgraded to 1.2.0.0(Legal!)
5. I have no clue but i cant use 1.2 as it says its already activated
6. I reverted to my friends one (illegal), but i payd for 1.1.0.5, but i cant download it anymore
7. Now i use 1.1.0.5 (illegal!)

i think many people has my dilemma :/

Last edited by wiak; 8th December 2006 at 01:35.
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote