View Single Post
Old 6th December 2006, 14:24   #479  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry, I mean null PGC duration. A dummy PGC has a duration of 0:00:00.00, but at a specific PAL or NTSC frame rate. Right?

My cheap XiRON recorder creates a VMGM menu without any VOB but with PAL (or NTSC, I suppose) video attributes. But I have to admit that it is really not a good example, as it's probably the worst authoring ever!

I have never understood why there are menu VOBs in the commercial DVDs, as they don't need that to segregate the IFOs and BUPs, except in the VMGM. The title VOBs are sufficient. Anyway, they are some DVDs without VTS_XX_0.VOB, but I think I have only seen that in ARccOS or RipGuard protected VTS.

I have to verify with PgcEfit v7 if everything is normal when the user creates the first cell in a menu domain, as I'm not sure it updates correctly the video attributes. If it's the case, I'll revert to that. It's annoying, though, as the frame rate of the new PGCs created by PgcEdit are probably determined by the video streams attributes of the current domain. It might create dummies with the wrong frame rate in a PAL DVD.

Anyway, thanks for the precision!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote