View Single Post
Old 6th July 2005, 20:27   #257  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Alright, before I unleash the one click mode upon the world here's the list of caveats for the upcoming release:

You will need to create a profile for the audio and video codec you're going to use.

Set AR to Auto Detect in the one click window or make sure you select the proper one manually.

DVDs with MPEG audio might cause problems.. if you have one, please get me the stream info file. The same applies to LPCM tracks.

AVI output in the one click window has NOT!! been tested. Trying to use it might make your head explode.

The language selection seems to suffer from the fact that depending on where you bought a DVD, the language might be indicated using the native name (like Français), or the English name. Currently, MeGUI only supports English names. Whether or not it will be possible to support both is currently under investigation.

I moved around a LOT!! of tested code which inevitably might lead to problems. It is therefore crucial that those who try the one click mode and run into problem, try reproducing the problem using a "lesser" mode. So here's the how to for the various parts:

Opening a video source: start the dgindex project creator (control-d), and set it up just like you did set up the job in the one click window

DGIndex problem: same as above, try reproducing in the dgindex project creator window

DGIndex has run successfully but jobs are not properly created: try the AviSynth project creator (Control-A in the main gui). Open your d2v, check "autocrop", check "suggest resolution", check "on save close and load", then press save. This reproduces the steps that will be taken after running dgindex in the one click window.

Problem encoding/muxing: try using the auto mode using the same video and audio profile and the video/audio you got demuxed.

Since the code is the same, bugfixing will always be done first in the separate modules (easier scenarios).