View Single Post
Old 1st March 2009, 03:26   #8438  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick2 View Post
According to the tonmt forums, quickfix.cmd changes "TS Type from 0x81 to 0x84 for eac3 tracks" I just tried this 3 different ways on my Bourne Identity hd-dvd, and it still won't play in the ps3 as a blu-ray disk. I used his tonmt gui, I used ts4np, and then I took the output from tsmuxergui and ran quickfix.cmd on the m2ts file and burned. All three causes the ps3 to stutter and display audio as dolby 112k. (no audio can be heard, but the video plays smooth for ~1 sec then stutters)

quickfix does not convert the hd-dvd dolby-digital plus into something that blu-ray players can understand. At least that I can get to work..

Or... the PS3 doesn't like dolby digital plus.

Arcsoft total media theater plays the files and or folder structures no problem. Shows up as dolby digital 1536k.

When burned... no worky...
I tried the QuickFix.cmd from the ToNMT package on an HD-DVD rip. I was able to get the final .m2ts to play Dolby Digital Plus when playing through the PCH A110, although when fast forwarding or rewinding, the audio goes silent until you pause/play several times. This may be a PCH A110 bug rather than a bug in the muxing.

The same .m2ts file would not play through a Sony BDP-S350 when burned to a BD-RE. It was silent (no audio), and video freezes playback after about 15 seconds. So obviously, the muxing isn't 100% compliant. Of course, there was no core AC3 stream in the .m2ts either, which also isn't BD compliant, so there's all sorts of places where the Sony might have a problem.