View Single Post
Old 26th January 2014, 23:16   #22014  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Ouh it seems that 87.2 has made DXVA2 fully usable on my rig, especially if I check "use OpenCL to process DXVA". At this stage, only a wattmeter will make me decide between CPU or GPU video decoding.

My only last problem is that I get tearing at the bottom of the picture in windowed mode, it instantly disappears when I go FSE or FSW...very strange and not a big deal anyway.

The performance issue I mentioned when going FS is apparently due to how W7 behaves when mVR simultaneously rolls the refresh rate and goes FS, XP did it all seamlessly but W7 hiccups quite a bit as the picture is vertically stretched for like a split second, then the AR is applied and playback finally starts.

I see that you've explained several times in this thread that NNEDI can do 2X vertical and/or horizontal upscale but:
1) why is there a "NNEDI3" processing option in the "chroma upscaling" tab, but not in "image upscaling"?
2) if I want to upscale a 4:3 360*288 video to 4:3 1440:1080, the default "image doubling" settings will upscale it to 1440*576 and then 576 will be upscaled to 1080 using the algorithm I chose in "image upscaling"?
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote