View Single Post
Old 14th June 2007, 02:51   #283  |  Link
homerpez

Yikes...

I thought I was all set with Blu-Ray backups using this proggy... but it really looks like it really, really hates discs with multiple mt2s streams for the movie (where you have to join them)..

Was playing around with Talladega Nights (since it was handy), where the movie appears to be split over 00017.m2ts and 00018.m2ts...

I have tried to rebuld each one to a new .m2ts stream, then join them with the file method (copy /b file1+file2 file3), and ran that through TSRemux again to fix the timecode... the end result is, the video and audio are SCATTERED.

I have trouble describing this problem, but I'll try: it's not scattered in the quality, but in referencing what frame you're on, and when. Like, if you drag the scanning bar around, you'll find the beginning of the movie in a couple different places in the stream! It doesn't play "linear". In other words, it's almost like the movie has randomized it's scenes out of order or something. ???

Basically, here's what's going on:

1. When I rebuild stream1's m2ts with stream 2's, copy them together, fix with TSRemux: All messed up. Indescribable.

2. When I demux MPEG2 and AC3 from that joined, rebuilt m2ts: Video is "scattered" as I described before. But, oddly enough, the audio seems to play. AND... it's the proper length, and plays in the correct manner. Huh?

3. When I demux each m2ts separately, taking the MPEG2 from stream 1 alone, or stream 2 alone, results in a video stream that has this "scattering" when played back.

I really don't know what on earth to make of this. I'm running AnyDVD HD in the background, so protection shouldn't be happening at all. I also used TSRemux on another title, and it worked just fine for me, only a day or so ago. I can only assume it's something to do with multiple streams???

Is there another program I could also try? (I'd hate to, since TSRemux has given me good luck except for this)

It might clarify things further is I mention, this is ultimately going to a x264+ac3 audio MKV stream, not simply rebuilding the stream for a BD disc (they're still pricey as hell). :P So I need to get a linear video and audio streams to encode from... and this is the first time I haven't been able to get one from an HD disc. Hopefully someone knows what's going on here?

Last edited by homerpez; 14th June 2007 at 02:55.
homerpez is offline   Reply With Quote