View Single Post
Old 1st April 2009, 03:04   #779  |  Link
hlrsnd

Audio doesn't work w/AVISource

Hello,

I'm experimenting with this fine program. I have short Canon camera .avi files which I join together with simple Avisynth scripts. I save the joined files by saving as .avi in Virtualdub. The original files are motion jpegs and I am using ffdshow's motion jpeg video format for the joins.

I have tried using both AVISource and DirectShowSource for my Avisynth scripts. Both produce apparently similar .avi files which play fine in Virtualdub and WMP, and appear to be the same in GSpot.

However, the files are somehow different. Those created using DirectShowSource work fine in AVStoDVD. Those created using AVISource always crash. Through trial and error, I have discovered that the problem is the audio. If I save an AVISource .avi with no audio, it opens fine in AVStoDVD.

I have tried using various forms of audio compression in Virtualdub, and Direct Stream Copy. Nothing works using AVISource. I would like to use AVISource, because it's almost twice as fast as DirectShowSource when processing in Virtualdub.

What am I missing or doing wrong?
hlrsnd is offline   Reply With Quote