View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2002, 20:57   #13  |  Link
^^-+I4004+-^^
Banned

>When using delogo correctly, you'll get very good results. In most cases of transparent logos, it is possible to let the logo *vanish*. In many(!) of my capped movies, my friends did not notice the logo, until I pointed it out to them

what would you reckon,would i see it afterwards?
(hehe)
also this depends to great extend of the size
and structure of logo:bigger the logo harder you'll
get rid of it....
(i see some logo's that are practically impossible
to remove: big and carry some animations inside them.... so no masking is possible,etc. )
transparent logo's are easier to get rid of,sure.....

>1.) logoaway isn't bad ... but gave me greatest headaches and BIG loss of of time due to serious memory leaks (512MB RAM + 2GB swapfile got eaten up during 2hours-movie)

as i said..version prior to 1.4 were crashing
on preview,and that says enough i think.......
(also:i ain't doing no mask for every channel i have,and huff is a bit too hungry for me....)
i think that delogo-ing is an operation that needs real-time preview
and a nice gui.....(isn't this the usual argument for VD users over asynth......hehe...but avs has other strenghts...speed for example...and also some neat filters have been written for avs only etc.)

>An example to think of:
In some really hard cases, I often perform this:
- De-logo the transparent logo
- De-logo as if the logo would be opaque (kind of averaging)
- put the second one into the luma of the first by ~20%, and into the chroma by ~60% (exact values by try-and-error)

How'd you do that inside of Vdub?

poptones got his initial idea for averaging methods while reading about VD's
"logo" filter,so he (later) concieved and developed avs version with
merging support (that version internally converts to rgb..) etc. (as far as i know...)
and before that he was "adding noise"(ie. averaging the video and the noise )
with VD logo filter.....
i think that filter could be used here too (to merge 2 videos ,one with
different removal of logo than the other,if i understood you correctly) as logo has transparency options etc.
(i might be wrong as i had glass of vine few minute ago...heh)

but sure it might be the case that your way is easier one,as the man
made this whole concept to improve on that VD quazi merging,and then again that shows to prove that such filter is a possibility for VD too...(?)

i myself am not willing to go to that extent for logo removal.....
if you are and you get decent results ,then lucky you,although i would like to see results from it on some REAL TUFF LOGO's....
(as NOTHING can recover you image if image is no longer there:as in opaque logo's)

(and also good deal of my stuff has opaque ones...so as i said for shorter "dirty" clips i remove it (just block of blurred stuff over logo),and for normal stuff i leave it as i know i would do more harm than benefit.......i think you remark on opaque logo's fits there........)

cheers

Ivo
^^-+I4004+-^^ is offline   Reply With Quote