View Single Post
Old 19th July 2004, 20:55   #686  |  Link
Sakuya

I did a test DVD with two different audio tracks. One is this:
http://www.planetquake.com/filterfactory/3daudio.html

The other one is the guide by EoH. The first one which has the 5 channels along with the subwoofer is not good for a movie. It divides up the voices and it sounds more like a concert hall than anything (plus, I can do that same effect just by using my receiver).

For EoH's output, it's much better than the above where the voices have less of the echo (but it was still there). Unless there is a stereo2surround which emphasizes more on the background music/other effects and leaves the voices in the center, I think I will keep to stereo.

Another setback was that my source had muffled audio. Normally, it sounds fine. When it gets just a bit louder, it will start to get muffled (like when someone is talking through a pillow). Both of the conversions above makes this worse. I cannot find an audio filter that solves this muffled audio and I have set up a thread asking this question but nobody replied.

Anyway, this was a pretty good experience. This would work well for CDs and concerts. So thank you to those who came up with this.

Last edited by Sakuya; 20th July 2004 at 07:09.