View Single Post
Old 4th October 2017, 21:57   #19  |  Link
flambot

Thanks a lot for all this info. I haven't had a lot of time lately to experiment, but I'm slowly coming to terms with it.

@ von Suppé - AD is how I got my first BD folder on the HDD. Do you mod your BD's from ISO (or leave them intact?). Or convert them from BD ISO to MKV.

CBD makes it easy to convert to MKV and has a nice batchy thingee that allows you to write individual episodes (from a single BD Folder) into single file output all from one session. I quite liked that. I am using a trial version that adds a watermark to the output when you change container.

I have lots of experimenting to do I can see. "mkvtoolnix " is another tool I'll have to investigate.

Seems there are much more tools for MKV than BD. The tools don't have to be free either. The end result is the ability to do what I need with the minimum of effort.

Yes...I only want movie only (no menus) and I always cut the credits (they take too much space). Episodes take more effort - usually in the form of chapters and jumping over Studio logos at the beginning (For DVD, I leave episodes complete (only mod the IFO) so that I can overwrite them later with the modded version if I have to rebuild.

One of the things that makes me a little wary of some of these tools is that many of them require other software - especially codecs - to work. Don't want to mess up my new machine.

@tebasuna51 - MakeMkv is something I plan to look at, but too many new thingees all at the same time make the head spin. LOL!

@ hubblec4 - That "Order chapters" sounds really interesting. Does your chaptereditor make these or some other tool?

Really appreicate the input. I'm definitely leaning toward MKV container at this point. Most players seem to play it as well. Need to find some time to play Thanks muchly.
flambot is offline   Reply With Quote