View Single Post
Old 14th November 2013, 04:40   #1  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

Trying to make MDegrain3 not apply on a portion of a movie, need help.

I am backing up a series and this latest episode I'm tackling has a section that is particularly nasty noise-wise. After some experimentation with nuke-it-from-orbit filtering applied to that section, I decided to leave it be, as the loss of detail and huge amount of extra processing time was not worth it.

Since the scene is short and mostly static, leaving the brunt of the denoising out of it is a reasonable compromise. Thing is, the main denoising is done with MDegrain3, like so:

Code:
source=last
preNR=source.dfttest(sigma=1.00,tbsize=3).FFT3DFilter(sigma=9,plane=3,bw=32,bh=32,bt=3,ow=16,oh=16)
preNR_super=preNR.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=1)
source_super=source.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=1)
backward_vec3 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = true, delta = 3, overlap=4)
backward_vec2 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = true, delta = 2, overlap=4)
backward_vec1 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = true, delta = 1, overlap=4)
forward_vec1 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = false, delta = 1, overlap=4)
forward_vec2 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = false, delta = 2, overlap=4)
forward_vec3 = MAnalyse(preNR_super,isb = false, delta = 3, overlap=4)
source.MDegrain3(source_super,backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2,backward_vec3,forward_vec3,thSAD=350)
The problem section is frames 5535 to 5658. Having never had to make multi-line filters like this one not work on a range, I am at a loss on how to proceed without overcomplicating things. Is there an elegant-ish way to do this, or will I have to cough a mess of Trims and splices?

Last edited by Chainmax; 14th November 2013 at 04:45.
Chainmax is offline   Reply With Quote