View Single Post
Old 19th December 2003, 23:23   #52  |  Link
IvIark

Quote:
no matter what subject is asked about, you will always get someone offering their opinion and this often leads to disagreements and childish flaming and not sensible debates as to which is best
Welcome to internet forums! As has been said before, everyone has an opinion, it's then up to the newbie to separate the wheat from the chaff as he sees fit.

Quote:
The art is deciding yourself what's best for you
Yes we've already established that, and what encoder, or DVD writer is best for you etc etc. That doesn't mean that asking for considered opinions is somehow superfluous.

Quote:
This is what I now reply as do a few others as it's 'best' the user does decide about the quality issue for themselves don't you agree?. So isn't this the 'best' answer?
No, the best answer is to say exactly what is asked of you. If I was asked then I'd say what my opinion was and for what reasons. If my opinion doesn't match up with other peoples then that's just too bad. No one's asking for you to answer the $64000 question, just say what you think and I for one will always be happy to do that.

Mark