View Single Post
Old 8th February 2008, 15:27   #79  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHD_1976 View Post
Actually it's quite hard to provide a sample of the AVC part where exactly Scenarist give an error.
If Trahald checks whether cpb_removal_delay is doubled or not - that would be great (thanx in advance).
If this parameter is not doubled we should try to find another reason for this. that is hard without having sources.

I also have a 1080i 25 DVB avc stream, but even after h264info Scenarist keeps returning another error "This stream needs the SPI file" and I don't know what could it be.

BTW, about two consecutive IDR frames, I tried 3 variants (all I was changing was CPB_REMOVAL_DELAY):
1. 2nd IDR's CRD=previous. Result = video hangs
2. 2nd IDR's CRD=previous+2. Result = video hangs
3. 2nd IDR's CRD reset to 2. Result = video flawless
Check the level of your 25fps 1080i DVB file. My guess is, like mine, it will be MAIN level 4.0 or something like that. From what I can understand (I might be wrong), the SPI file is needed because the level is not HIGH 4.1 and some information is missing from the headers inside the AVC file. The headers of level 4.0 are quite smaller than the ones from level 4.1 and contains less infos. My guess is that an SPI file would provide the additionnal infos to scenarist but I have no idea how to create it.

The best results I had so far with my 1080i 25fps level 4.0 file was to pass the avc and ac3 streams directly into tsMuxeR by forcing a 24000/1001 framerate and forcing level 4.1. Then, the audio is still out of sync (I think it is to be expected because we go back to NTSC speed with the 23.976) and the video skips slightly at a constant rate. THe skip is less worse than the one that happens after using h264info on the stream but it's still not perfect.

Re-encoding the 25fps stream into a 23.976 progressive (Frame coding) avc file makes the video playback flawlessly, but we all want to not re-encode if possible...
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote