View Single Post
Old 8th June 2010, 17:18   #10101  |  Link
DoomBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

Spiderman 2 is a seamless branching disc, as far as I remember. If you demux/extract the THD data first and convert it to WAVs or FLAC later, you'll get a "lossless check failed" warning for every seamless branch. That is to be expected. You should have gotten a warning from eac3to, though, when extracting the THD track in the first place. It's not a good idea to extract THD tracks from seamless branching Blu-Rays. Audio and video will drift out of sync, because eac3to can't fix the audio overlaps with THD tracks, when demuxing them. You should convert to THD/WAVs directly from the original Blu-Ray structure. Then those "lossless check failed" warnings should go away and audio and video will stay in sync.
I thought eac3to will let you know if there is audio overlaps with THD tracks even if it can't fix the overlap or is it just a gap it warns you about? Even i did Spider-man 2 keeping the Truehd track and not converting to PCM because i thought there wasn't any overlap since eac3to didn't tell me there was. Can i just convert the truehd from the original blu-ray to pcm or just a WAV and not WAVs? Say if i convert to WAVs should eac3to tell me there was overlaps to fix?

Last edited by DoomBot; 11th June 2010 at 01:53.