View Single Post
Old 4th June 2013, 23:03   #18998  |  Link
Soukyuu

The new version works flawlessly so far, and I can now take screenshots without having to disable smooth motion, thanks!
A question though, which material does smooth motion work with, as I don't seem to see a difference with your regular 23,97fps anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callannn View Post
Hi, I seem to be having a slight problem. Usually on playback I get no dropped/delayed frames at all, but sometimes I can watch the exact same video again (that I've previously had no dropped/delayed frames) on a different day and receive a significant amount of delayed frames (usually ranging from around 70-130 I've noticed). Does anybody know why this is?

If it helps, here are my specs: Samsung NPC700G7C, 16.0GB RAM, Intel Core 17 3610QM @ 2.30GHz, GTX 675M
I'm also using Niyawa's Guide and use it exclusively for anime playback. I'm also using his 'highest settings' for the scaling algorithm's.

If anyone could help that would be great!
If you jump near a scene where the framedrop happens, it could be that the decoder queue doesn't fill up fast enough to not drop frames vs. having enough time if you watch the whole episode. I solved nearly all my buffering problems with LAV by just increasing the cpu queue to 64. I'm saying "problems with LAV" because on my test files I get no frame drops with haali, but I do with LAV. So it might be the same for you, I already notified nevcariel about it.
Soukyuu is offline   Reply With Quote