View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 02:42   #56343  |  Link
huhn

just show advanced rendertimes gives you higher rendertimes i never measured it but it's more then zero.

next problem is that you are currently scaling 480p the rendertimes with a 720p source for deblocking will sky rocket.

is this a 960m? what is the clock? 85 C is pretty high for a maxwell GPU.

subtitles should only take 1-3 MS on a 960 even at UHD.

when deblocking is used with a strong setting deringing doesn't do much anymore try to remove deringing if you still get ringing issues try a stronger deblocking/RRN setting.

upscale refinement is recommended over the use of image enhancement. try to replace the 4 top "image enhancer" with the way cheaper AdaptiveSharpen beware replacing image enhancement with upscaling cost more processing power and usually needs higher settings but Adaptive sharpening is so much cheaper and you are not creating as much upscaling artifacts. i can't remember a single use case where enhance details is useful for sources that are deblocked because a deblocking creates huge parts with no details.
the 4 top "enhancer" work best with clean/good source anyway.

using jinc after doubling has a high diminishing return lanczos 3 AR should be similar.

if you can't framerate match using smoothmotion is mandetory in my opinion.

NGU sharp should be massively better for chroma quality but in general it is not a chroma scaler i would use but it's free with deblocking unlike super XBR or NGU AA.

super XBR 100 is worth a shoot it should be faster then NGU AA mid but it looks clearly different.
you could also try always super sample for quadrupling (not for doubling) beware this can backfire spectacularly.

Quote:
Using fewer pre/post processing filters (image corrections, not upscaling/downscaling) does improve performance by about 10ms but it's also very important for good video quality at low-res meaning disabling kinda defeats the purpose of this whole setup.
this is misguided using more doesn't mean it will result in "more".
see deringing as an example.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote