DGMPGDec 1.5.7 [DGIndex] : works
DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 : WinXP SP3 compatibility mode
ffdshow_rev3119_20091027_clsid : works
GKnot 0.35.0 : WinXP SP3 compatibility mode
ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 : works
MPC-HC 1.3.1249.0 : works
VirtualDub 1.8.8 : works
Xvid 1.2.2-07062009 : works

Hello. I'd like to say that with my Win7 32bit, I've found that the green entries all work without any extra configurating. The orange entries need compatibility mode or other work before they'll operate. Red entries don't seem to work well at all, and you're probably better off using some other method.

BeSweet 1.5.29 works fine if you use command line. It also needs MSVBVM50.DLL to be present in it's folder, I needed to download that DLL. If you use the GUI like I used to, then it does not seem to work no matter what I do. It doesn't take long to learn the command line, so that's how I continue to use it. The GUI works if you only use the first screen. If you click "Lame 1" or the like, then none of the text or buttons will appear.

DVD Decrypter will run fine if I set it to WinXP SP3 compatibility mode. If I don't, then some of the text disappears until you hover the mouse over it.

Since I typically launch DVDDecrypter from GKnot 0.35.0, I have also set GKnot to WinXP SP3 compatibility mode. This way it doesn't bring up the UAC dialog when I launch DVDDecrypter. I think it may work fine without compatibility mode, but I've set it anyways.

In my opinion, it's worth getting Win7. It requires a little work to get old software to work right, but overall it works out just great. Hope this helps!