View Single Post
Old 28th November 2008, 09:14   #7172  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkodi View Post
actually, i believe that ArcSoft can't fix anything about DTS-HD MA decoding, they just buy the DTS-HD decoding library from DTS Labs and use it.
May be true. But I'm not fully sure. E.g. do they get source code from DTS or just a static lib to link with? Also I'm not sure if it's really the decoder which is lowering the volume or if it's ArcSoft's own post processing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
it plays them completely without drc, dialnorm; this is only applied for (e)ac3?
Yes. BUT the decoder is slow and limited to 5.1. And I'm not sure if it accepts the Haali Media Splitter as input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillie View Post
Have any changes been made to eac3to recently which change the header info in an .mkv video stream which may now be confusing tsMuxeR?
No, not at all. But I've heard multiple times that tsMuxeR generally doesn't like VC-1 MKVs. Don't know if that's true. And I really don't care much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
I have no idea if he has changed his stance, but madshi, you have much greater influence in this area, perhaps you could convince him or give him a hand?
The bigger problem is that there's no specification as of yet on how TrueHD should be stored in MKV. And it's not up to Mosu to make up such a specification himself.