View Single Post
Old 5th April 2015, 03:55   #2001  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
For reference, how do I provide a VOB of just the main movie?
I hope you mean an M2V (the video only portion of the VOB because we have no need for the audio). If so:

To cut a piece of a VOB, open it in DGIndex. Use the slider and the [ and ] buttons to isolate a small section. Then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. Upload the resulting M2V somewhere. 10 seconds or so with steady motion will be plenty.
Quote:
Anyway, I have used in the past the following:

tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1)
tdecimate(cycle=5)
I prefer to keep it simple unless there's a reason to add in the additional parameters, or use something different from the defaults. Using your script:

MPEG2Source("test.d2v")
tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1,display=true).tdecimate(cycle=5)

also works fine. There's nothing really difficult about this one, the sample anyway.

Quote:
I tried the above and resulting file had the same jerky output.
Your IVTC script? It works fine on the sample provided.
Quote:
EDIT: Note when I leave pp=0 in everything still looks interlaced.
Even with PP=0 it works fine - no interlacing.
Quote:
Also when I ran this thru DGIndex to try a different way of loading the file I got at the end "A field order transition was detected" and asked if I want it corrected.
There's no sure-fire answer for that. Usually the correct answer is 'yes'. Read the manual about that. You opened all the VOBs at the same time, or just one?
Quote:
Also DG says file is 29.97 interlaced.
That's because it is. It's 'hard telecined'. The telecine was encoded into the video. Better quality NTSC DVDs encode for progressive 23.976fps and add 'soft pulldown' to output the interlaced 29.97fps as required for the NTSC DVD standard.