View Single Post
Old 24th March 2016, 15:18   #888  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's difficult. I don't have the info directly. In the MPLS, there is only an "audio_format" value, that can be 1, 3, 6 or 12, corresponding to this:
1 "Mono"
3 "Stereo"
6 "Multi-channel"
12 "Stereo/Multi-channel"
Currently, I display exactly that. It is not possible for me to analyse the streams themselves and therefore I can't count the channels. It might be possible to deduce the number of channels according to the codec type and the audio_format, but I'm not sure it works with all codec types, and I don't know the rules anyway. I don't want to risk to display a wrong info, so currently I prefer to display only the content of the MPLS, without trying to improve it.

Atmos is completely opaque to the tools I use, and I can't detect or handle it specifically. Sorry.

Note that you can easily inspect the real content of the audio streams with a good player or MediaInfo, and select the options in BD3D2MK3D accordingly. And if you are still not sure or if you want to pick the core of some streams and leave other ones in their original format, you can untick the option to extract the core, and demux. Then, when the demux is finished, use the Tools menu to extract the core of the streams you want in light 5.1, and edit the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to change the filename and label of that streams. It's easy.