View Single Post
Old 30th March 2007, 06:25   #3  |  Link
morph166955

true...it is a hard/software discussion...the reason i made a post here was because i was also looking for the possibility of some x264 cli options and/or anything else related directly to x264 itself that is semi-outside of that boundary.

As for your comments:

1) I'm going to be using 2 drives to do encoding. I have 2x WD5000YS drives in the system. One will be to hold the source, one will be to write the new files to. I'm planning on running x264 with threads (ill start at 8 but then see if something like 12 or 16 or higher is faster...going to take some testing). Any recommendations on what may be a good value? I realize its completely hypothetical since we don't know what kind of load each cpu will get as of now when running x264 but we do have some experience on the quad-cores that exist now that i believe could be used to come up with a theory.

3) How do i get on the x264 list? I went looking a while ago for a link and I dont remember why I couldnt find one. Im probably stupid and its probably in one of the stickys and I'm just blind and not seeing it.
EDIT: Nevermind...found it...subscribing...im stupid.

Last edited by morph166955; 30th March 2007 at 06:31.
morph166955 is offline   Reply With Quote