View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:21   #50045  |  Link
mclingo

found a bug with D3D11, on my system anyway. I have an issue with MADVR where when you play a 3D movie (1080p) and you stop it I lose HDMI handshake going from 3D 1080p back to 4k 2160p. It does this every time. The workaround is to disable MADVR refresh rate switching and use your movies players switching instead, i've had this working for ages and its been fine up until recently.

recently I switched from DXVA copy back to D3D11 decoding as I found it was about 20% faster than DXVA on my system, what I had forgotten to test was 3D though which I tested today. Whats happening now is the same as what happens in MADVR, when I stop a 3D movie I get HDMI loss which cant be gained back easily without resetting it, I use HDMION.

If I switch back to DXVA copyback the problem goes away, I think its interesting that now both MADVR refresh rate switching and now D3D11 with MPC or KODI DS refresh rate switching causes the same problem, HDMI loss coming from out of a 1080p 3D connection back to a 2160 2d desktop.

Its very possible its connected issues with FSE which is required on most systems for 3D playback.

Both issues happen with with AMD RX cards, i havent tested my NVIDA 1050 but this also had HDMI handshake issue coming out of 3D for me too.

Another workaround would be to run your PC desktop in 1080p but who wants to do that when you've got a 4k display, this also explains why most people dont see this, there are still fewer people with 4k displays than 1080p ones.

I'll post this on both MADVR and LAV forums as the issues seems to be connected now.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote