View Single Post
Old 4th January 2015, 22:22   #27953  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
madVR seems to be very unstable when playing videos on the 2nd monitor. Though MPC-HC is unstable, too (crashes with EVR CP), but sometimes I get madVR debug window (with "Close application", "Continue" buttons). I remember you confirmed there are issues with the palyback on the 2nd monitor but the main advice was to playback videos on the 1st monitor. Is there any sense to try to reproduce the steps that lead to crash to report it to you, to send you any info regarding the 2nd monitor playback issues?
Many people are doing playback on 2nd monitor without any (major) problems. There are certain issues, like focus getting lost, but there should be no crashes. If you get crashes from madVR (with the "Close application" etc buttons), please always do send the bug reports. But if MPC-HC crashes with EVR, too, it's going to be hard to track down who or what is ultimately responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLF View Post
Hello! i really love MadVR it just gets better and better! but one thing is missing! a seekbar inside the picture area like in a 2.35:1 movie. Why i wonder is because i'm about to order a 2.40:1 screen!
It's on my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
NEEDI3 chroma upscaling + 970

doesn't work properly

Asus Strix 970

and there are so many bugs trying to watch MKV movies. black flashes, video is continuing rendering subtitles when paused and sometimes the video freeze and audio continues, sometimes it just doesn't continue at all and freeze on the last paused image, and sometimes it just freeze randomly when fast forward or back forward. and sometimes just low performance the renderer is doing 1-7 intead 6-7, and it just dropping frames non stop.

Using Potplayer + MADVR + LavFilters CUVID

So many video bugs I can't watch a movie properly. to fix the video I need to reopen it stop it or switch to JINC and it fix the slow down instant.

With 7970 same settings I didn't have a single issue
If the same thing worked fine with the 7970 then it sounds like an issue either with your 970 or with the 970 drivers. Of course it could also be a bug in madVR, but since it seems to work fine for many other people I wouldn't know what to look for. Generally fixing bugs is hard (or even next to impossible) if they only occur for one user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey View Post
Is it possible to use madVR as a video processing filter?
Not at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Is there a person who can analyze madVR bug reports or guide me in analyzing my own to nail down the cause of a crash ?
Yes, me, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
With the new version of madVR, I can't force film mode for a DVD. Weird.
What happens if you try? Your computer explodes? Some more details would be helpful. Very helpful would also be if you tried older madVR version to find with which version exactly the feature broke for you (if madVR is responsible, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neet009 View Post
madVR version 0.87.11
I want to use HCFR(version 3.1.6) and madTPG to make a display measure, but it showing this message to me [...]
Sorry, that's a bug in v0.87.11, it will be fixed in v0.87.12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSL_DK View Post
It is not madVRs fault. HCFR is not updated to version 0.87.11
madVR/madTPG is supposed to be backwards compatible to older calibration software versions. So it's my fault. Which is good, because I can fix it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yok833 View Post
Dear Santa Claus Madshi,

We have all been very nice this year... so will you bring us presents for christmas ??
Hmmmm... Yes, there's a good chance there might a new version out with some nice new features in time for xmas this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Without the "delay" options checked the queue sizes have no effect on seeking delays. madVR does not wait for them to fill but presents the first frame as soon as it is available.
Yes and no. When pre-presenting multiple frames in advance, after a seek madVR has to wait until all pre-presented frames were displayed, before new frames can be presented. So the number of pre-presented frames can have an influence on the seek times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
In an update to the slow seeking i have.

I notice that if the content is MPEG-2 it's fast like EVR, but with H264 it's much slower.
That's weird. Is this independent on the decoder? And independent on software vs. hardware decoding etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitech View Post
Anyone have recommended settings for sd content using neddi, i have no clue what combination to use, 90% of my sd content is animation and i love to use SVP with it, im on nvidia gtx 760, Intel i5 4670k, 16 gb ram, win7
If you're short on GPU power, use NNEDI3 only for luma doubling, not for anything else. Can't say anything about SVP, I don't have experience with SVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddock View Post
I'm getting dropped frames every few minutes on a 1080p movie that's 4:2:2 instead of the usual blu-ray 4:2:0

GTX 750ti
i5 3570k
16gb ram

Is my GPU?
In the debug OSD (Ctrl+J), wenn the drops occur, are any of the queues near empty? If so, which ones exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8213711 View Post
My GPU is capable of i25 (see http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...ostcount=27887 for details), is there a way to understand if my TV is capable too?
i25 should be the same as i50, which most TVs do support. But I would stay away from anything interlaced unless oyu have no other choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
I remember there's a way to modify the registry to force madVR to use nVidia GPU with Optimus on some notebooks, but I cannot find it anymore.
That only works for OpenCL, though, not for Direct3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Encoder View Post
How could an upscaled image look better than the original source material at native resolution? Every time I upscale a lower resolution source to 1080 on my monitor it looks worse with at least a loss in sharpness.
It's not a fair comparison to look at an image unscaled and then to scale it up and look at it from the same distance. The real question is whether a 1080p movie looks better on a 4K display or on a 1080p display, when both displays have the same size, and when you watch both display from the same distance. You can't take a shortcut and compare two images at different sizes. That just won't give you a proper answer to the real question.

To get an answer to the real question, read my comment here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post28854034
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote