View Single Post
Old 19th January 2010, 18:00   #20  |  Link
war59312
war59312.com

Hi,

Nice app. Job well done.

Lots of usability suggestions though.. In fact if most if not all of these are not fixed then I cant recommend it, as it can get way to confusing.

Any how, on with my suggestions...

First, please have it remember window location.

Second, disable "The Extract Tracks" button until at least 1 track is selected.

O.K when "installing" how about instead of some warning. Simply when the user double clicks on it, instead of just extracting to current directory. Create a new directory called MKVcleaver and then move itself to that directory and then execute main exe. Can be done simple enough with cmd line.

If I were to check a parent check box the checks boxes under it should be checked too, and visa verse. Does not do that now, it should.

As mentioned already by XhmikosR, about links should open in default browser, not just IE.

No way to select all? If I drop in my folder with 10,000 plus videos there is no way to select/de-select all. Nor a range, using shift key. Would be nice. Sames with "Tracks to Extract".

"Remove selected files from list" button should only become enabled if a file in the list is highlight. I should be able to right click on a file and do this too.

Sames goes with right clicking on a file, only show "Get Detailed Info" if a file is selected. In fact at the moment, if you do that and you did not first left click on the file it shows the previous file information. Whoops.

And that option should only show up if you select the movie then since it does nothing if selected the video or audio part. Never show an option to the user they cant even use.

Unless of course you plan on adding separate detailed info about the video and audio parts?

Middle mouse clicking a file should display "Detailed Info".

O.K "Tracks to extract" is nice but why show every single one by default? Perhaps only show ones that have been selected under "Files to process" by default and add a little check box "Show All" to enable all of them.

While processing you disable all the buttons so why not gray them out then too. Why is video option "Convert H.264 tracks to AVI files" not locked and grayed out then.

It's forgetting my output directory, remember it please. Currently it defaults to same location as folder, which I don't use. Annoying having to set it every time.

And I agree please store settings in a .ini, .cfg, etc. file so it's portable instead of storing in the registry. Though it seems no options are saved here. It forgets "Filename options" and "Video options" every time.

It crashed on me one time extracting an audio track, unable to reproduce at the moment though. Don't see any errors logged though.

Don't un-check options just because of an error. For example if I simply check "Timecodes", "Cuesheets", "Chaptrs", and "Tags" under "Tracks to extract" and don't pick any file to process and then click the "Extract Tracks" button, you then get an error and after clicking "OK", all your options you previously had checked no longer are.

Same thing happens if you cancel processing, that is all selections go bye bye. Well at least files to process remain checked.

Why cant I change the size of the main window, nor maximize it? GUI display issue? Fix it, then please. Indeed a bit screwed up if you force maximize using task manager. Should not be too hard to fix?

O.K enough for now. Thanks for looking into all this.

Take Care,

Will

Last edited by war59312; 19th January 2010 at 18:02.
war59312 is offline   Reply With Quote