View Single Post
Old 27th January 2009, 08:07   #8024  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaigle View Post
I am having troubles getting the arcsoft decoders to work with eac3to.
There have been many problems getting them to work. Usually manually registering the filters and adding the path to the environment settings (and a reboot afterwards) has helped most people. Some people had success installing the trial version first and then upgrading it to the full version. Don't know what else to say right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcd View Post
I didn`t tried new eac3to, but is it possible to "mark" subtitles which have forced subs inside by filename ?

I would like to see if thes special track is ONLY forced, or it is normal subs with forced inside.
eac3to only knows this after processing has run through, but I guess I could rename the sup files as a last step. I'll think about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcd View Post
My Virus-Scanner shows now some funny Warning
False alarm. Please write a complaint to your anti virus company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Is it possible to use Neroaacenc.exe and use a bitrate ? (instead of quality)
Yes. E.g. "eac3to source.whatever dest.aac -192".

Quote:
And profile HEv2 ?
AFAIK, the Nero encoder automatically chooses which encoding methods to use, depending on the bitrate/quality. Anyway, eac3to currently doesn't let you specify whether HEv2 should be used or not. If you want full control over the Nero AAC encoder, you may want to use piping, see Greif's comment.

Quote:
And when i try to convert DTS-MA to AAC (without ArcSoft/Sonic), i have the message : "The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information.". How will be my aac file ? Correct or not ?
Correct yes, but slightly lower quality compared to what could be achieved by using a DTS-HD capable decoder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Please can you solve this 'bug'
Will be fixed in the next build. This was supposed to work already, so I consider it a clear and simple bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Or maybe you prefer support aac,m4a,ogg decode with libav?
m4a and ogg containers are very difficult to support because eac3to doesn't even recognize their format. I'd have to write full mp4/ogg container parsers to make this work with the current eac3to code structure. I could add AAC decoding support with libav. But AFAIK the libav AAC decoder is not yet feature complete, so I'm afraid of adding compatability problems. I rather want to wait until libav's AAC decoder can decode all AAC formats before supporting it.

Last edited by madshi; 27th January 2009 at 08:13.