View Single Post
Old 16th December 2004, 20:57   #73  |  Link
mpucoder

Thanks again for running these tests. The images look really nice, is this your own software?

And, yes, the P-STD buffer model is the controlling factor for video and audio streams. The actual value MuxMan uses is no more than 237557 bytes. This was determined by experiment to be the value used by Scenarist. It could be higher, and the actual payload, rather than the maximum payload, could be used for the model as well. But this led to differences with my comparison program.

Which version of MuxMan did you test? This is important because the graph looks very much like what the last bug, fixed in 0.5, produced. First a dip, then going over. This was caused by a parsing error that would occasionally miss a picture header. To the model this looked like one large frame instead of two, and from then on the model lagged behind the real decoder.

edit: I forgot to add that somewhere else in this thread (I think) I mentioned that the SRI calculations are not by time, but by VOBU offset. This will be changing as that does not work with menus or slide shows.

Last edited by mpucoder; 16th December 2004 at 21:10.