View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:29   #9946  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
maybe you can add support for Lame.exe encoder (like NeroAacEnc or with dll).
Many people want mp3 output for compatibility issues (device or container avi related).
Already have that on my to do list. If only I had a bit more free time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey View Post
Using the custom mix only for scanning the file and then output the peak value in dB.
Would it help if eac3to would output the peak volume of any raw/decoded audio track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
Example:

--- create a stereo DTS file @ 48kHz @ 384kbps;

--- run "eac3to input.dts output.wav";

--- play "output.wav" in your favorite player;

*giggles*
Can I have a sample of such a stereo DTS file with which I can reproduce the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
However, it only does this when the "resampleto48000" commandline flag is present.

Code:
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
Why do you want to resample the audio from 48khz to 48khz? That doesn't make any sense to me. Ok, eac3to might be stupid enough to stumble over this, but still, it doesn't make much sense to resample audio, if it's already at the desired rate to start with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx980 View Post
I can't get eac3to to recognize the Monsters Inc. Bonus disc on Blu Ray. I get "HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found." from either a rip or actual disc in drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddwunn View Post
Newbie question (and probably already answered somewhere that I can't find): On a few AnyDVD Blu-ray rips, when I try to analyze the structure, I sometimes get the message "HD DVD / Blu-Ray disc structure not found" reported by Eac3to v3.18. When I examine the structure it looks absolutely fine to me, so I don't know why Eac3to is balking at it. What tests does Eac3to run to determine proper structure? How can I "convince" Eac3to that the structure is valid? Any other ideas or suggestions?
eac3to only accepts Blu-Ray playlists with a runtime of 15 minutes or longer. I've implemented it this way because otherwise with many Blu-Rays you'd get literally hundreds of playlists listed by eac3to, which would make things pretty ugly. My best guess is that the Monters Inc. Bonus disc only has shorter playlists than 15 minutes. Is that possible? Of course the eac3to complaint is bad/wrong, if that's the cause of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnZ View Post
I'm wondering if would be posible support user defined FPS conversion.
Not possible, because the resampling lib I'm using is limited to do only specific conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
When a gain is applied by request (+3dB) eac3to send the message:
Applying +3dB gain...

Is possible send a equivalent message when a 2nd pass for 'Clipping detected', or -normalize parameter, apply a gain?
The user then know the amount of gain needed.
The value can be in dB, % or coefficient, the more easy way for you.
Sure, can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidator87 View Post
When using a command line like this:

PHP Code:
eac3to.exe source dest -slowdown -295ms 
is the delay applied before or after the framerate conversion?
Uhm, (checking source code), delay first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billynews View Post
Actually I have some problems with "There's Something About Mary". It's a Seamless-Branching Blu-Ray, so I try to demux all streams, because I want to play it on Popcorn Hour.
But I'm always getting an error:

[v02] Writing the destination file failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 18752526336. <ERROR>
If that's not a full harddisk then I don't really know what it is. It's an error reported from the win32 file writing API.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
for these variable bit depth tracks, would it be possible to add a switch that dithers only >16bit samples, and truncates 16bit ones when reducing bitdepth to 16bit?
This is not so easy because the exact bitdepth of the tracks is only known after processing is fully completed, so basically the whole processing would have to be repeated. I'm not sure if it's worth it adding extra code for that and spending extra processing time on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLF View Post
i got a 2.0 amp and there is no mixdown and even if there wore there would not be enough bandwidth with a optical cable. so the processing most happen in the computer.

learning how to downmix is among other things just for learning and testing to see how much cpu/mem the ffdshow mixdown requires.
I'd suggest to do downmixing during playback, e.g. by using ffdshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
is there a switch to get eac3to to output .wav with blu ray style channel order
There is no such thing as a "wav with blu ray style channel order". Such a wav file would be "broken". Wav files have a strictly defined channel order and eac3to is using that. Any software which reads a wav file and create a Blu-Ray from that has to internally make sure that the channels are remapped correctly. If a software isn't doing that, that would be a bug in that software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
eac3to does not identify .dts streams
(read: .cpt / .dca padded-with-zeroes for "SPDIFing")
if the bitrate is different than 754 / 1509 kbps and/or
the channel count is less than 5.1.
Can I have a sample, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
I recently reinstalled my OS (and of course EAC3TO!!) and I am having some trouble. I have eac3to v3.18, Nero v7.9.6.0, and I also have the bluray/hd plugin installed. I keep getting the message:

Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 6 or older) doesn't seem to be installed
http://www.nero.com/eng/store-blu-ray.html
CAUTION: You need Nero 7. Nero 8 won't work with eac3to.

I have all of that, any ideas why eac3to is not recognizing it?
I don't know. Have you registered the HD plugin properly? I do know that there were a few cracked plugin serial numbers floating around, which did NOT work. Make sure you use a properly bought serial number.