Thread: Jerky Picture
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2002, 23:14   #5  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi again,

are you using the latest build of dvd2svcd (1.0.6 Build 4)? With this version some reported that the new default bitrate settings caused a little stuttering so they lowered them a little bit.

I would not go too low with the Max (try 2450), leave Min at 300 and use 2250 for Max avg - just a guess (always worked for me).

You will loose some quality if going to low with the bitrates. If playback is jerky in low motion scenes then perhaps a higher Min setting can help as there are some players that don't like too low bitrates. If playback is jerky in high action scenes (when high bitrate is used) then lowering the Max can help - so best try out with a CD-RW if your player plays them. And i would recommend to only burn at max 4x speed first as going higher with it can also end up in jerky playback (see Q46 in Official Q&A).

Greetings,
gerti67
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
gerti67 is offline   Reply With Quote