View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 22:57   #368  |  Link
Ignus2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
@WorBry
Quote:
"HuffYUV encodes interlaced and progressive frames exactly the same. So it doesn't need to know if the frames are interlaced or progressive. The "swap fields" option is only there to correct a bug where some old cards captured with the scanlines swapped -- it isn't to be used to specify field order"

This Statement is simply wrong because HuffYUV considers more than 288 Lines as Interlaced. For Progressive Content like 1280x720 this needs to be set to 720 instead of 288. Did you ever read the Codec Description ?
No, WorBry's statement is correct, if there is no in-codec color-space conversion involved, you get back the same result whether interlaced encoding is turned on or not.
Make a test encode or read the codec source code if you have doubts.

Quote:
And now you're sort of saying that I am a stupid Idiot ?
I haven't said that, so don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

Quote:
Go on, keep ignoring facts and be happy to have the "fastest" codec around but I am out at this point. I thought Doom9 was different, until today. I've sent you everything backed up with Links to the Web in your PN, many times and most of them you never read. I suggest you don't ask for help or suggestions next time you work on a Project like "MagicYUV".
I get plenty of help from other people here on doom9 who are truly willing and meaning to help.
Still awaiting your facts though...

Quote:
Case closed.
The best thing to do when you run out of arguments...

Greets,
I.