View Single Post
Old 14th June 2005, 10:19   #18  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
So where does that leave the whole situation with cropping, then?
I can't execute the code now, but it's pretty much what I was trying to describe. So if it works as it should we're good in that department. The autocrop you mentioned you had written in that style will also come in handy. As far as importance is concerned.. nobody has complained so far, and I think the performance bottleneck should be eliminated with your code and you can move to the next item on my list

Quote:
Does MP4Box show progress?
Yes it does. If you look at the mp4muxer class you see I'm already reading it.. I'm just not sending any statusupdates. My problem was that at some point during import. mp4box seems to run off, no longer waiting for me to read from stdout. So to reliably figure out when the next stream is being imported, you'll probably have to compare percentage values.

And as far as avi muxing is concerned, just use mencoder.. it can just mux a single stream, but supports cbr/vbr mp3 and AC3. I think that'll do just fine for now.

Quote:
Does MeGUI really use the wrong parameter "i8x8mv" which really should be "i8x8"?
Yes it does.. sorry about that. So before encoding, close MeGUI, open the xml files in question and edit the commandline, save them, restart MeGUI and start the jobs in the queue.