View Single Post
Old 7th January 2009, 06:18   #17  |  Link
eslave

Bugs & Problems

In its current version (v0.11) the fauxD data window will remain blank (or unchanged) until at least two consecutive frames are processed. Seeking (with the sliders) or cutting directly to a frame is interpreted as a discontinuity by fauxD. (Thanks for pointing that out, as I had never really thought much about it until now. It'll be fixed in the next version.) Presently there is no real work-around for this (even if you create and use a logfile for the video in question). However, if you frame-step with the right arrow (or play the video) then fauxD should perform as expected. Incidentally, I primarily use AvsP as an editor. Until now I hadn't often used the built-in video player because it keeps the DLL locked - a nuisance when I'm trying to update it. I normally test my scripts with MPC (by double-clicking the AVS, or dragging and dropping the AVS onto the player window, or through a batch CMD on my SendTo menu).

Also, the YDifferenceFromPrevious scene-change test can completely ignore fauxD's stereo output, resulting in a flat image even if you see data updating in the dialog. (Fusion across scenes is a real eye-sore.) Since AviSynth doesn't like 'looking-ahead' in the video stream my only safe choice is to use the flat image for that frame.

No 3D will be produced until both conditions are satisfied.

I am using MVToolsV2 version 2.21. The latest version at the time of this writing (2.31) works as well, but can cause a hang-on-exit with some apps on my system.
(Fizick, let me know if you want these direct links removed.)

I'll add an option to keep the dialog 'always-on-top' if it works as intended. Although the dialog is more of a debugging tool than a genuine necessity considering only the X values are reasonably close to accurate (because the analysis clip was vertically reduced).

I still have no explanation for your Mvtools~/Mtools~ issue. I don't know how to help you with that.

Right now I'm trying to implement some kind of 'look-ahead' to maintain 3D at scene changes and preserve the effect for that additional 1/24 or 1/30 of a second. If I can get it working then I'll use it to solve the flat-on-start (first frame) issue you also seem to be describing. I've just finished restructuring and consolidating the script files as well. Now everything is in the form of a function and all of it is contained in a single file for easy import. I'll post the new version once I've finished updating the doc and succeed with (or temporarily give-up on) this look-ahead thing. After that I'll nuke the attachment in my previous post.

-eslave

P.S.: Please stop quoting my posts in their entirety.

Last edited by eslave; 16th January 2009 at 09:01.
eslave is offline   Reply With Quote