View Single Post
Old 25th April 2015, 04:30   #42  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomes View Post
One more question comes to my mind: Since eac3to and qaac both can to normalization, should I do it with eac3to or qaac? I suppose it makes no difference?
I've no idea, to be honest. You'd hope the end result would be the same either way, although......... thinking about it..... for QAAC to normalise properly the audio would need to get to it "unclipped". If the peaks are already clipped then the audio is effectively already normalised, albeit with clipping.

If you set 32 as the highest BPS mode (bits per sample) in the audio encoder configuration I think that implies floating point, in which case the audio shouldn't be clipped on the way through. For a BPS mode of 24 or less that'd mean the input is integer so it probably would be clipped. I'll have to test that later..... send some audio with peaks above zero to QAAC with the BPS mode set to 32 and check to see they were normalised errrr.... normally..... and not clipped at all. I'm pretty sure with a BPS mode of 24 or less they will be, but I will test that out as it'll be handy to know. Maybe not until tomorrow, but I will.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote