View Single Post
Old 13th November 2015, 11:27   #34252  |  Link
Murmeltier

I really can't spot an enormous difference while comparing "crispen edges" and "sharpen edges" with 1080p content on a 1080p display when it comes to sharpness. It looks like there's indeed a difference when it comes to brightness. "Crispen Edges" seems to brighten the image, "Sharpen Edges" does nothing of that kind and that's why I personally favor "Sharpen Edges". "Shapren Edges" produces clearly a more natural looking image to me. There's just an enormous drawback. The algorithm consums about 7ms of render time on my GTX 960 (not OC) and that's just too much in combination with my other settings I don't want to adjust.

It would be great if it is possible to optmize the algorithm so that is just needs about 3ms of render time, maybe 4ms. Hey, at least I'm free to dream.

I have a question reagarding DXVA2-copyback decoding. Would there be a huge performance gain if I replace - say a DD3-1300 CL 9-9-9-24 RAM - with DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 modules?

Last edited by Murmeltier; 13th November 2015 at 11:43. Reason: Changed the word "brighteen" to "brighten"
Murmeltier is offline   Reply With Quote