View Single Post
Old 19th February 2004, 22:53   #49  |  Link
karl_lillevold

lilhobo: Sorry, I don't know. Should not be a problem. With recent Producer versions it should replace erv4.dll in Producer's codecs directory, and drop right in. Are you sure you put it in the right folder and for the right Producer version? What is the error message?

31 Flavas: Turning preview off makes the encoder run faster.

CruNcher: Like I wrote in the first post: " Additionally, the 1st pass now runs at complexity 50, and always without the inloop filter, making the 1st pass faster than ever."

So either remove the firstPassComplexity=65 option, or set it to 50. Also check your registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\RealNetworks\RV9 to see if anything is left over there. Registry will over-ride everything else. Running at 50 1st pass should shave off another 1-2 minutes off your encode time, but there is still a difference from my timings. I don't know what this is caused by. Make sure your encoderComplexity is 85, and not 100. No need to encode again.