View Single Post
Old 26th September 2004, 06:28   #34  |  Link
tritical

@MfA
Your right, DCDi first averages the two pixels from each line together and then averages those values together... I had forgotten. And sub-pixel search for ela with larger apertures is possible as well. Image moments I hadn't really thought about, mainly cause I don't know much about the subject. However, I'm not actually planning to use larger then 3x3 masks for the derivatives, it's just a possibility. Also, in the normal deinterlacing case, the derivatives are only calculated for about 15-20% of the pixels to begin with since most are handled by the motion adaptation or are within +-3 of both the above and below pixel in which case I just leave it. So the advantage to being able to use running averages wouldn't be that much.

@Didee
I see what your saying, there is probably a good way to do that but I can't think of one. At least not one that could work for lines with both very small and very large slopes without dynamically adjusting the aperture.

@All
I posted version 0.9.4. I haven't been able to work on this much the last week, but here are the changes:

+ Added auto detection of hints (if you don't set a value for hints manually, then TDeint checks the first frame to determine if hints are present and sets the value accordingly)

+ Added mtnmodes 2 and 3... these accomplish what I think scharfis_brain was suggesting earlier in the thread. They act like 0 and 1, but wherever 0 and 1 would have used the avg() of two pixels, 2 and 3 instead use the pixel value from the field that is most similar to the current field.

+ Added clip2 parameter. When using TDeint as a postprocessor for telecide you can get weird results since telecide changes the order of the fields (that's not good for a motion adaptive deinterlacer). So you can specify clip2 for the actual deinterlacing to be done from... here's an example of how it works:

mpeg2source("c:\mysource.d2v")
orig = last
telecide(guide=1,order=1,post=1)
tdeint(order=1,clip2=orig)

Then TDeint reads the hints and output from telecide as usual, but whenever a frame needs deinterlacing it does it from clip2. It also preserves the hints in case any filters later on need to read them. If you don't specify a clip for clip2 then the deinterlacing is done from the input clip as usual.

- Fixed field differencing in kernel interpolation using the wrong fields, and not correctly adjusting the direction of the kernel to that of the field that is most similar to the current field.

I'm still planning on improving the edge directed interpolation in TDeint. Also plan on improving the motion map denoising and adding built in combed frame detection.

edit:
Posted v0.9.5, right after posting 0.9.4 realized that I was doing mtnmodes 2 and 3 the hard way instead of the simple, faster, and blatantly obvious way. So now 2 and 3 aren't any slower then their 0 and 1 forms.

Last edited by tritical; 26th September 2004 at 07:27.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote