View Single Post
Old 15th April 2005, 14:44   #17  |  Link
khmann

Re: Re: YES YES YES!

Quote:
Originally posted by trevlac
Hello :)

I'm not sure what deshaker does on the inside .... but I'm sure it tries to figure things out based upon the pixel values. If you give it screwy values ... i can't see how it would work.
any RGB plugin which does not make decisions based upon color or try and "manipulate" color information should work fine with this method, as long as color resolution is appropriately up/down sampled.

deshaker stabilizes video by looking at a luma representation of image. it's perception will probably be skewed by this bogus RGB data, but that shouldn't effect it's efficacy.

colorspace conversions are perfectly accurate with respect to levels, but there _will_ be quantization error as a result of rounding and 8 bit precision of RGB and YCrCb. but as much as anything for me they take unnecessary time.

thankyou very much for your filter, I believe it meets my need exactly. I will do some tests with embedding virtualdub-mod RGB filters in my scripts and see how it performs...

Now I just need RGBINYUY2, but I think it a worthwhile exercise that I learn how to do that myself anyway :)

THANKYOU!
khmann is offline   Reply With Quote