View Single Post
Old 5th February 2006, 05:10   #6  |  Link
rfmmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer
they are either spring motor or battery operated and are not constant speed, so you will have always some blended fields, no way around this. A frame at a time is the only way to go.

If I was doing a capture with a 3- or 5-bladed shutter, you would be correct. However, I am doing something completely different here. I have removed the projector shutter and am capturing using a very high shutter speed on the video camera (1/1000 of a second). Therefore, there are no blended frames. There can't be. The resulting video is very similar to telecined video -- although not exactly the same, hence this post. Thus, whether the original video was shot at 15, 18, or 24 fps, or whether the camera or projector are constant speed don't really matter, except that the IVTC algorithm can't rely on the "pulldown pattern" being exactly constant (it never can even with telecined film, but this is even tougher).

I am quite certain that the film can be IVTC'd. I'm working on uploading a sample. I should have it shortly.

My question is how do you know that the frame is stopped and centered when you take the 1/1000 sec exposure? Without some type of sync circuit, how are you eliminating capture frames when the film is advancing?

Thanks for posting the clip.

Richard
rfmmars is offline   Reply With Quote